Monday 14 March 2011

D-TRACES

On my choreographic journey I decided to gain more knowledge and insight on ‘Site specific dance’ the reason being is because imp not studying just dance I’m a dance and theatre student.
My blogging experience really helped and benefited me with my creative journey, I was able to document my process and reflect back on my creative process it was also a learning process documenting my every move or things that really inspired me, It was really difficult at first but as time went on I started to feel a little more at ease and it became a little more natural
I never gained the chance to create and perform my own solo and duo dance piece. I decided to do research on site specific work because I always had a deep interest in site specific we also touched briefly on it in my ‘IPP’ session I have.
Site specific work supported my learning process in various different ways, one of these ways were technically, Site specific worked helped me with articulation of movement and also to pay attention to detail, It also helped me with moving with different parts of my body that I never really paid attention to, I felt as site specific dance helped me connect more with my movement and emotion through dance it really enhanced the way I moved and visualised different spaces.
Site specific research has really benefited my journey throughout this blog and my choreographic journey, it’s opened my eyes and mind to various different things that I don’t usual pay attention to, it also helped me to project emotion in different areas through movement, when I am in the dance studio for movement studies I project the emotion I feel through movement I pay more attention to the atmosphere.
In my IPP session we worked a lot with imagery of paper, the way movement can be enhanced.
I absolutely enjoyed working with paper it gave me a sense of sculpture, the way are bodies can engrave folds in the simplest object, we done a exercise were we had to roll ourselves inside a large piece of paper it had the feeling of being trapped but it also had the feeling of being secure almost cocoon like.
This exercise really helped me with my movement studies and my choreographic journey because it allowed me to feel more relaxed and pay more attention to time when I actually do tense and learning to relax my body more when I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment